“There are in life a few moments so beautiful,that even words are a sort of profanity.”
Not a lot to say here, as how does one begin to describe the very things that take your breath away? Here are a few images from my time at Basilica de la Sagrada Familia and a link to a short video that shares the moment that happened today on December 8th 2021, the first ever lighting of the star on top of the tower of the Virgin.
If ever you are so lucky as to come to this glorious city of Barcelona, do not pass up the chance to visit this incredible site, designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi.
- Leave your water at home as it will be confiscated
- Purchase your tickets through the app Sagrada Familia
- Before you go, be sure to download the audio tour that is inside the app
- Closest metro stop is the L2 line to Sagrada Familia
- Early in the day, before 11am will be less crowded